Capability: KPMG Business Services
Experience Level: D
Type: Full Time
Service Line: Market Development
The Assistant Events and Hospitality Manager will focus on the delivery of events and hospitality activities across the UK. The individual will sit as part of the newly established Operational Excellence Hub (OEH) and will manage the delivery of events and hospitality working in conjunction team members from across the Marketing and Strategic Relationships function.
Events and Hospitality are key to the delivery of a successful marketing plan, managing and delivering best practice planning and delivery in respect of our business events and hospitality activities.
The Assistant Manager will ensure that events and hospitality activities support the delivery of the brief, meeting our brand and regulatory requirements and actively involving colleagues throughout development to ensure buy-in, quality and effectiveness.
You will have the ability to co-ordinate activities across multiple stakeholders, channels, programmes and activities prioritising both your own and other colleagues focus to ensure we hit agreed timelines.
The role will often include supporting business relationships including capturing feedback, input into content and messaging and internal engagement.
This includes working autonomously where appropriate on location at events with the ability to manage stakeholders, interact with clients and address issues that arise.
This role will require working patterns that include evening and weekend working.
Description of the role-
- Managing the development of best practice for development and delivery of our event and hospitality programmes.
- Working with the Campaign Management team to ensure all programmes are joined up, sponsored and delivered on time and on budget.
- Draft third party briefs and seek required client insights, business input and competitor insights as part of the event development process
- Ensure effective project management and budget control
- Coordinate and work alongside third parties, partners and other internal teams and ensure we best use their skills and capabilities
- Managing suppliers including contract negotiation within budget and invoice settlement
- Manage the requirements of our processes across deliverables including hospitality and entertaining guidelines and brand, risk and data management policies.
- Capture reporting and insights from events and hospitality to enable our marketing effectiveness processes and suggest ideas for improvements to both event design and the development process
Leadership & Management
This role will report to the relevant Events & Hospitality Manager.
The individual will work alongside Events & Hospitality Assistant Managers and Executives, colleagues across Campaign Management and the Marketing Business Partners.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges
The ideal individual for this role will be energetic and organised, someone who enjoys taking on responsibility and making a positive contribution to the activities of the UK Marketing team.
You will be highly-professional, able to work within budget to the exacting standards required in a leading professional services environment.
You will be comfortable with running multiple projects at once, collaborating with Marketing Business Partners, our CoE and offshore team and the business to ensure delivery within timeframes and agreed budgets. You will be able to capture their feedback constructively to refine and improve our approach to events with support from colleagues as required.
Self-motivated and driven you will be embrace opportunities to work independently but seek and advice and guidance from colleagues when needed.
You will bring new thinking and ideas whilst being consistent in the application of our operational processes.
You will understand the importance of good relationships both within and outside the organisation, using your influencing and negotiating skills to ensure that relationships with third parties work to the best advantage of KPMG, and to promote collaboration, understanding and positive contribution internally.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
You will ensure that our risk and compliance processes are understood and applied consistently across the campaign development process.
- Event project management experience
- Experience of working on end-to-end events and hospitality
- Previous experience of working with third parties and the creative briefing process
- Experience of negotiating with third parties
- Experience of engaging business stakeholders
- Familiarity of using brand visual identity toolkits and guidelines
- Track record of event delivery essential and experience of B2B event and hospitality management desirable
- Able to apply risk and compliance processes effectively
- Familiar with management and role of data in event and hospitality programmes and able to produce event reports and apply client insights where relevant
- Good experience with event platforms and tools.
You will be at heart of the delivery of world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK, able to effectively drive change through a complex matrix organisation and successfully embed our new operating model.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex and matrix environment
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to developing high quality work
- Proactive and able to identify potential future issues or challenges and propose solutions
- Balance the need for creativity and innovation with the consistent application of our business processes and risk management policies
- Enjoy an agile and flexible work environment with an ability to work with different teams, business areas and campaign types on an ongoing basis
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and embrace collaboration
- You will be able understand the commercial drivers for the business and identify how the events/hospitality activity is tasked to support these.
- You will be a capable and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to colleagues across both marketing and business teams
- You will be a good relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and proactively use these contacts to resolve conflicts or challenges.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements
- Proven track record of events and hospitality management at Assistant Manager level within a professional services environment
- BA university degree or equivalent
- Highly proficient in all MS Office packages
- Knowledge of CRM and marketing campaign systems
- Readiness to work unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends, ability to stay away from home as the role requires
For more information CLICK HERE